Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the emperors new clothes

A very nice artist was trying to give me advice about life and art today. I didnt ask him anything nor for advice. He was muttering something about be careful about doing my yellow page covers--Yes , I will be careful about putting my work in front of ten million people annually--yes I will be very careful about that... I was running to a jobsite to pick up a big juicy check for work rendered. I am very open minded to artists and I listen to them but I always hope they dont see my eyes glaze offer as my smile holds its place. Modern art is a ponzi scam and the inevitable and crawling light of history will expose it as such. The minute somone starts to tell me about jasper johns I give a big smile I shake hands and I run out the door. My brain and breath is too valuable to debate such matters. I cant teach the blind to see and you cant teach a man that a single doodle by raphael is worth the entire lot of modern art from the 20th century. When I was young these things usually involved barfights and teeth on the floor etc. I am an adult now, I smile and shake hands and run for the hills. There is nothing anyone can tell me about art that I havent been over 6,000 more times than you have. I wake up at 5 AM everyday and I think about art all day long obsessively until I fall asleep at midnight. While most artists are out bullshitting and wearing berets, I am in the trenches, I do not mean to be rude but my time is very valuable to me and that is why I would rather there be less talk and more work!!   SHUT UP and make art, that is what I do..I have no time for debates. That emperor has no clothes.


god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor