Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leonardo learning: absolute certainty

I personally believe that if you achieve absolute certainty in your own head about what you want to achieve in life you can have that thing as your own. You have to train your brain to have absolute certainty that you are worthy of the goal and that there is no way you wont achieve it. The odds of making a living in art are about the same as getting hit by lightning but lightning is a chance event and art is anything but. Art is a field that requires a person to accept great challenges and great obstacles. In order to handle these you have to believe that you are great and that there is no way you can fail. This is not being cocky nor is it be an egoist (although those things can help) You simply must believe you are the best. I do and I always have because If I didnt, I would have quit along with the 95% of my fellow college chums who no longer make art. In fact, I think 1% of artists make a living in art and a smaller percentage of those make art they actually believe in or like. Many people eke out a living in art drawing for corporations. etc, that is fine, but I have to put myself in my work. I can no more remove my being from my art than I can remove the blue from the sky. People hire me because they want a gardega. I dont ape other artists or draw other peoples cartoons--- I make gardega's and I make a lot of them. You must believe in your own voice, your own art like you believe the earth is round, another words--no doubts. You can train your brain this way. It just takes time and effort. I am working on 8 childrens books right now. I will publish half of them, I am sure of this even though I have never published a sinlgle one. I am working on a new series of glass that I have never done and I will sell every piece. I have sold every piece of art I have ever made and I have made thousands. ( I am not bragging, I work way to hard to need to fill up my own balloon with boasting.) You simply have to believe there  is no way in hell it WONT happen. I think a lot of people are afraid to admit it is this simple of an equation and they create excuses to justify why it can be done and for those I leave these fine words.



Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor