Monday, November 29, 2010

update by gardega

I am knee deep in projects...A wine cellar mural, a mausoleum commission for five huge windows and a lot of side projects including building a glass bar for a fashion company on 56th street. I am on 7 days a week for over a month, living on redbull and paint fumes. Below are some photos of the amazing wine cellar where I am painting my mural. The homeowner and his wife have become close friend's of mine..we go out to dinner, I stay in the guest room when I am painting and I even helped put up there Xmas tree yesterday. The owner and I are both workaholics and we work side by side on the cellar while he handles the wood working I handle the mural. He is obsessed with ornament so we have a lot in common--"never enough ornament" is both our mottos. Go baroque or go home! We start working at 7 AM and usually work to 6, 7 or 8 at night...The ongoing joke is when someone wants to stop at 6 we call it "half a day"...my neck is near in traction from painting the ceiling--two more days on it, then I hit the staircase walls. This is the second wine cellar we are doing together--the first is in his old house that was sold. All the wood you see will be stained dark. It will be a work of fine art, this cellar. Deadline: XMAS











No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor