Friday, December 10, 2010

jim morrison

when I was in my 20's, jim morrison was my hero...I had leather pants, a bottle of whiskey, long hair and when I look back I am surprised I survived. To me he was a hero in that he represented 100% freedom and an escape from the glue trap called conformity and society. Eventually the system beat him down and destroyed him (with the help of alcohol) I decided I wanted to live and survive the long haul and eventually grew up (mostly) In the long run of life I decided art was the most important thing and to make good art I actually had to have my head in tact and plan things out as well..Art is not about slapping a bunch of crap on a canvas and calling it modern--art requires thought and planning and intelligence...there was a time to live in chaos and god knows I owned stock in chaos inc. but now I am happy to be an artist at my age who draws on experience and I feel like I lived a damn good life thus far...I can still rip my way through a bottle of whiskey but the mornings just hurt a bit more...I prefer to get up early and see how much I can get done in a day. I am a one man art machine. I dont sit in cafes and smoke, I dont talk about art...I rip it out of my guts every day and I make art like my life depends on it--and it does...oh, and as far as my old hero jim goes---he was just pardoned for his "exposure" bs charge the cops hit him with way back then. This made me very happy. I am happy to be here and when I go I want to be thoroughly used up and worn and tired...I want life to be a marathon, not a sprint and I want to live long enough to actually learn how to draw.


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101209/ap_on_en_mu/us_jim_morrison_pardonhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101209/ap_on_en_mu/us_jim_morrison_pardon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor