Tuesday, December 21, 2010

new cover by gardega...

 I have been painting the covers of the yellow pages for over 5 years.  I think I have painted 40 covers..many a late worried night trying to get a piece to sing. Some sing and some warble..I love doing these covers and I have a strong relationship with the company.
 this cover just dropped, after printing I would have liked more people in the foreground--but that is art--it can always be better. A painting is done when you hand it off or quit painting. My art director goes crazy because I often hand them in wet...I paint in oils--deal with it. I am not a computer artist, I like real paints, real paper, real canvas. Life would be easier for me if I was a computer hack...it doesnt fit my nervous system.
In the last month I have made a window for a mausoleum, painted a  mural in long island (done soon) finished a portrait, painted a huge floor for a fashion house and built a glass bar for them, and now I have another cover due (brooklyn) and another window as well before the end of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor