Friday, December 10, 2010

to live and die in NY

I read The Post today...there is a story about a rich kid whose father wrote the hit song "you light up my life" now the guys girlfriend is dead in some posh hip hotel in soho. The kid has pictures all over his facebook of him doing drugs and partying etc..I dont judge him for this but now his girl is dead and all fingers point to him. She has a bite on her hand and I am sure that bitemarks  is crime 101...My point is that I have known more useless rich kids than I can count I have also known rich kids who impress the hell out of me and work their ass off to create their own reality/ world...more often than not rich kids become useless shells of humans and wind up bottom feeders and criminals. I was born with a plastic spoon and I have learned a huge anger towards spoiled little bastards who think they are special because thy parents had some coins to give them and they are better than you. In high school I watched many a rich kid throw their life down the tubes or at least started a downward spiral into the land of the lost. I have never had empathy for such creatures nor do I think I ever will. When I was in art school (before I dropped out because I couldnt pay my bills) I made two vows---- one: that I would not be outpainted by some rich kid (the anger over having to decided between a tube of green paint or a slice of pizza is burned into my soul) nor would I ever lose a fight to a rich little bastard...I had a nice scrap with an australian kid who was much bigger than me one time and I mopped the floor with him because I knew his whole life was handed to him and I would rather be toes up right now than lose such a scrap. I ran into the guy a few months ago and bought him lunch and hugged it out and I felt better about the whole mess as violence is a kids game...I chalk it up to the folly of youth but I still hold the same view in life and I feel bad now because some artist is dead and soho because her drug addled boyfriend freaked out...maybe getting your ass kicked by life is a great gift, maybe suffering and poverty etc are great teachers and if that kid had not been born with a silver spoon we would have one more creative artist breathing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor