Wednesday, February 23, 2011

update

Sometimes when you are doiing an underpainting you have some moments in art where you like what you have in some odd abstract way. I have seen a million art students and artists destroy a great image by overworking it. The reason for this is tone deafness to beauty. They cant see the magic in front of them so they fiddle a thing to death and ruin it. Musicians do this a lot I know musicians who cant play a three minute song of beauty it has to be 7 minutes of self glorification to show the world every single note they now. Simplicity is the holy grail of art. It isnt easily come by. It took me my whole life to learn to not over work images and I still do it. Hemingway broke down wrting to its simplest form and out of the came complex genius. Picasso broke down art to its basic formsand made genius but he opened pandoras box up for every nitwit moron to grab a brush and play with themselves so we have jasper johns in a museum. I love picasso but I hate his legacy. When I go to the MOMA it is like the exorcist going to church, it burns and I have to run to the holy temple called The Met to heal my soul. Back to art lessons, added some backround color to bring the figure foward and now white highlights as well. I am a little self indulgents as I came in early with my whites but I know how to handle my horse. I sometimes jumpl ahead because it makes me feel better as I am impatient and when my blood starts pumping I paint better.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor