Monday, April 4, 2011

abstract art (accidental)

I have never seen an abstract painting I like. I would rather look At the aged wooden table tops of Mcsorley's pub or a worn out old painted billboard from the thirties peeling of the brick of some nyc building. There is a certain beauty to what time does to surfaces. This painting pictured above is actually a wall panel in the 15th street prospect park subway stop in brooklyn. I look at it every time I go to etch glass. This is the best piece of abstract art I have ever seen.  If a human tried to paint something like this it would be clunky and forced. Time and god are greater artists than even leonardo. I would hang this in my home. I may even try to get it (legally) I  am persistent enough to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor