Monday, April 4, 2011

Primavera! By Bottecelli--season by god

Spring has sprung! Finally NYC (and my bones) have begun to thaw like a caveman in a glacier. It was a tough winter, an icy cold hell of a winter but we have emerged like a crocus from some urban park. I can tell winter was getting to me ( I hit a dark season of the soul every year after jan 2nd. ) because my blog posts get a little dark at times. I have trouble with lack of sunlight, but the first signs of spring bring me back around. The painting above is Botticelli's Primavera, a tribute to the magic of spring--a rebirth--like his art. Back on a positive path, I look at winter as a long dark tunnel--some people like winter, I abhor it but it does lead to some good paintings, however dark they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor