Saturday, December 31, 2011

David in Glass


I will be carving a large etching of Michelangelo's David in glass in January. I am working with a gallery owner (to be revealed later) to carve some serious Iconic pieces in glass this year. I would never even attempt this if my glass skills were rusty but my recent year long project of etching Saints has me confident enough to tackle a few serious  pieces. If you are going to etch David in glass you dont just blow up a photo and etch (this is a hack approach) if you are serious about art you study the pose, the muscles, the face and the whole thing for about a month on paper first. After this piece I will be carving three others to be announced later. Go big or go home.

a lazy artist is a dead artist..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor