Monday, October 22, 2007

flower of life


This is one of my favorite pieces of geometric construction. This has been used throughout time by many different cultures who have been drawn to its harmony and timeless perfection. There are many who believe that all the knowledge of mankind can be found in it's geometry. I am carving it tomorrow as Ophelia's necklace. I could never figure out the perfect medallion for her necklace and then this magically appeared to me. I am trying to make ophelia as timeless as possible so I cannot do better than this (or perhaps the yin yang symbol.) The yin yang is much easier to carve so I will carve this one as I prefer to suffer. The flower of life has been found in the following cultures--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor