Monday, October 22, 2007

ophelia in progress


Here is how I layout my glass pieces. What you are looking out is a piece of glass that is 3/8ths thick and 16 x 20 inches. I have covered it with a thick rubber and drawn my design on the rubber material. I then cut it out by hand. I could use a computer at this stage but that is where the line is drawn between art and soulless digital machine. I get annoyed by people who swear by computers because there is no heart in bits ands bytes. I would save myself hours and days of work by going digital but I believe people know the difference subconsciously. Anyways, I pull off the rubber in layers and sandblast the exposed areas (deepest first.) If I screw up or scratch it it all goes in garbage with my time. If you click on image it should get bigger so you can see the flower of life medallion I just drafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor