Friday, December 14, 2007

gunthers


I did a gunther's watercolor today. Every time I paint or draw I try to try something new.. I prefer a different approach to the same song as I think it is important to focus on the journey and not the token that is left from the journey. Paintings and drawings are merely tokens, visual ticket stubs from a mental process. To get too caught up in making a piece or a statement is to lose sight of the process. I am not sure where I went with watercolor as I was trying to find a different kind of approach from all my other watercolors...time will always tell one if he fell or if he stood his ground. For me watercolors are always a psychological battle as the spirit you approach them with will bleed through like rain through a roof. I must have heard a hundred stories from the day drinkers I painted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor