Friday, December 14, 2007

two great curses

as gardega sees it there are two great curses in life---one is to be born an artist and the other to be born rich..John Lennon often said it was a great curse to be an artist and sometimes I see his point of view. I enjoy my life and my lot but sometimes feel like I am in a carnival ride I cannot escape and that I have no other options because alex is scarcely fit to bag groceries outside of my art studio. Please do not think I am complaining I am only observing as was the practice preached by the ancient and wise Hindu's--- "observe thyself..." Often it feels that there is no way out of art and both feet are firmly sealed into the cement bucket of fate by a man with a with a diamond pinky ring. As for being born rich there is the tragedy of not really ever knowing what you may have become on your own sans silver spoon and without daddy's swollen piggy bank. In a sense you have the curse of your destiny laid out for you like clothes by a chambermaid. As Gardega ponders this dilemma he has decided that he will be born again in his next life as a rich artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor