Friday, November 28, 2008

school of athens geometry--by gardega



I have been trying for months to figure out the geometry that raphael used in his construction of the school of athens. I spent my thanksgiving drinking wine and working on it. I finally figured it out using overlapping pentagons. I have very little doubt as to this being his method of construction. I also think the circles may represent planetary alignments by I will not stray into the esoteric, I will stick with math and truth. I used some photoshop to make it easier to see where my drawing fits in. Overlapping pentagons is pure genius. VIVA Raphael. Try drawing this yourself and you will find that it is very hard to keep track of which circle ends where and for that matter how many overlapping circles there are...can you count? I was constantly losing my place and would have to start over from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor