Sunday, January 4, 2009

the hallucinogenic chicken sketch


My recent and severe bout with food poisoning led me to some very strange visions. I was in bed and or in the bathroom for two days straight alone and mumbling and sweating. I sketched out these images between bed and bathroom. I am going to paint a large version of this piece using the same dimensions and geometry of Leonardo's St. Anne. They say that the part of the brain that gives rise religious ecstasy is the same part from which people experience epilepsy. The is indeed a connection between the hallucinatory, epileptic and ecstatic vision. Tribal cultures thought that these visions were sacred and I am not one to argue. This piece is is going to be a test of my geometric and visual skills. It will be four months of work while I am working on all my other deadlines etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor