Sunday, January 4, 2009

Photoslop



The reason there are ten million photographers when there only used to be 5 million is that you can use photoslop to make a bad photo look decent or even great if you work hard enough and now you don't have to mortgage your soul for FILM. If I take photos I don't allow myself to use photoshop except to crop the pictures---everything else feels like cheating. I studied photography for years and started in darkrooms and developing and that whole thing so when that world went the way of the DODO I threw away all my photography equipment and picked up my pencils again... Photoshop does have a good use though!..When are figuring out a composition of a painting and you are in the "sketch phase." You can really progress by adding or removing elements in your sketches to look at placement and composition etc. Here I added a snapshot of my mailbox ( I collect mailboxes and this is the one I keep my yearly receipts in) If anyone has an old rusted mailbox on their property I will buy it or trade art for it--- send me a photo.

alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor