Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rememberance of things present



Here is a typical day in the life of a crackpot, type A artist.... Recorded in real- time, unlike Proust.

7:00. wake up...slept late (went to sleep at 1:00 AM) tired brain.

7:05..Check Emails.

7:15. Hit the Bike for a ride--NY Post and a Large red bull.

7:30- 7:45 Read the Post. Cut out Headlines that I like and file. I choose headlines that I can use in my art at later dates. (I look for ones that have no particular meaning in regards to anything specific if I can help it.)

7:45-9:00 Shower. Organize apt and art studio space. Layout things to do list. Read every major news website I can including the Nasa website and the sunspot website and look for art ideas. Scrub sink with ammonia (because it makes the gods of OCD happy.)

Things I read and learned today that really interest me:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,557581,00.html?test=latestnews

I wonder about the guy who found this, probably a poor guy who got nothing...I want to paint some coal miners one day, in the tradition of van gogh--he painted miners but he didnt go into the mines. I would like to see the earth from a few miles down. Imagine what it is like working 10 hours a day in hell? Probably like working in Walmart.

daily words I like:
I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos
Or a span of geological time
Than be living in these dog years
In a dog's brain
A constant buzz of low-level static
One sniff at the hydrant
And the answer is automatic
It seems to me
As well make our own few circles 'round the block
We've lost our senses
For the higher-level static of talk

another great article--this one on art

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125426448028050665.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
cleaning

cleaning art studio until 10:30

10:56 Studio is clean---work begins. Must finish my delayed painting of Rao's restaurant and start a queens book cover painting the Unisphere (my sixth painting of the Uni) Then I have to work on my portrait of Bo Dietl. I am going to paint about 9 hours today. Will post progress shots in two hours.


I had a couple of sangrias for lunch---sue me...when I have a tough spot on a painting I stress beyond belief.

I am back on my damn, Raos pic.. PROGRESS!!!

took an hour nap back to easel will post photos soon.

I hit a wall in my painting so I hid from it. I hide from my work like a boy from his chores...I hate walls in art...I usually just bang my head through them but today the energy was bad and I froze and walked around mumbling about failure and the flu vaccine..I am going to hit it again now...Night brings peace to my art mind and I create better.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor