Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How not to be remembered

On Easter I was in a Long Island supermarket and I ran into my bus driver from high school. (I never forget faces, if I greet you even once I remember your face for 20 years.) She said she did not remember me and that means I was "one of the good ones." It then occurred to me as I was leaving that is how God probably looks at us. In the end of life when we get called before our maker it will probably serve us well to not be remembered. Keep a low profile and look busy! I dont do bad things, I dont steal, I dont cheat ( I do curse more than I should and I drink and I have no patience at all--zero-zilch.) when my number is called in the great deli- in- the sky God will say "weren't you that persistent annoying press- whore artist?"  "I cant believe you never gave up, you have to be an insane loon but I hardly remember you doing anything bad except for kicking that big Australian guy's butt in a barfight in 1999. You can go to heaven---- oh by the way Raphael and leonardo are playing chess over there in the corner and there is also free art supplies and wine"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor