Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Etched glass: all those years ago


I etched this piece 10 years ago in some horrible basement etching studio I set up/ rigged in the east village. I always had a fondness for this piece because it was the most difficult glass etching I ever made. The whole piece is carved on one side of a flat piece of glass, the 3D effect is an illusion. I remember making this piece was so difficult that I started crying because It overwhelmed so badly ( I get pretty intense when I lock into a piece sometimes)  Pulling the rubber off the final etching was so difficult all my hands and fingers were bleeding from glass and exacto knives and the final piece had so much blood on it I had to hose it off. The worst thing was that this piece was eventually stolen from a night club on houston st. I didnt sue because I want nothing to due with courts or lawsuits or "the system" ever. I dont believe in suing people and I have never been sued. I once fell in a restaurant so bad that I cracked my kneecap and it hurts to this day. I walked it off and never looked back. No lawyers were called. Anyways, I have decided to remake this piece this year...I want it to live again and not on some thieving strangers wall...maybe it fell on his (the thieves) head while he was watching TV, karma is sometimes better than a lawsuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor