Tuesday, October 26, 2010

chickens

My whole life I have had a soft spot in my heart for chickens. I love the little critters and I am fascinated by them, especially exotic chickens. I had chickens when I grew up in texas and briefly again when my parents owned a farm on long island. This chicken I am holding was one of my favs. She used to like to have me pick her up and kiss the back of her neck. I would do this every time I saw her. I miss the little thing. I once went all the way to queens to rescue a chicken that was in the NY POST. I took her all the way to long island and found her a home. I am using chickens in my new work as they have been a big part of my life and art and childhood. I still love to eat chicken but I dont like to think about chickens in small cages on factory farms. I am not an animal rights tree hugger I just have a soft spot for chickens, the good , the bad and the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor