Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My bro, the photographer

My brother Marcus is a great photographer and a good painter as well. He is also good at arguing but that is another matter. Here is one of his awesome photos...He travels a lot, I'm jealous...I sit in a studio and paint and he travels god's green earth.  I travel in my head, though. I travel to places on a given day in  my head that most people never dare let their mind drift to..I think of crazy things all day long, I think about neurotoxins, excitotoxins, I think about 20 different inventions I want to make I think about the 20 childrens books I have written or am writing in my head. I think about the fact that matter is empty space and reality is at best a persistent illusion. I spend most of my time alone thinking about stuff but I am never bored. Sometimes I get on kicks where I research things for weeks and weeks--fluoride, clouds, radiolaria, etc etc...there is a lot to learn in this world. I also think a lot about buddhism because when I was 16 I got really into buddhism and then I gave it up for drinking which was a lot more fun than sitting still and counting breaths.


copyright marcus gardega

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor