Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New commission

I landed a new commission today from a former client to paint a mural in his long island mansion/ wine cellar and theater room. The trick is to get the thing done before xmas and I am already up to eyeballs in saint commissions and a colorado mural job. Somehow I will find a way and come spring I will be a burnt out wretch with a lot of money and a ticket to saint somewhere and there I will hide on some sandy beach and try to make some sense of it all...The mural will require me to live in Long island for a few weeks which to me is the dark side of the good universe but I will paint a mural in Hades if the money is right. The good thing about the Long Island mural is that the client is a red wine freak and has a hell of a wine cellar. we spent many a night staring up at my davinci mural in his old wine cellar looking for things to add and colors to tweak while drinking bottles of the finest italian red wines. My fondest memory about painting the mural was hearing the maid scream after she realized she let the tub overflow into the master bedroom and I vacuumed 3 inches of water off the carpet with a shop vac trying not to electrocute myself. Luckily I was smart enough to see if it was leaking downstairs and it was flowing a steady stream right onto the baby grande piano..all in an artists days work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor