Thursday, October 21, 2010

St. Joseph Etched Windows




Here Is my latest watercolor/ study for my etched St. Joseph windows. The windows are large (approx 9 foot by 9 foot total etched area)  This is my roughly 4th or 5th study. The next step is to go into the drawing and make it into a very precise line drawing, watercolor washes are simply used to get a "feel" an "energy" but when it comes to etching it is all about precision.  Today I convert into a tight line drawing and tomorrow I blow up to scale. Installation is scheduled for the 28th of this month. There are 5 windows total, this is the first one and the largest, I believe. I will be on project until spring. As an  artist you must set your own deadlines or you will die, you must set up dates to finish sketches, order supplies, scale up drawing. If you dont set deadlines NOTHING HAPPENS. This is the biggest lesson I can share in art. I am going to document the process of etching this window including installation etc. All my sketches are for sale. 


The window pictured doesnt look large but it is 10 foot high and 9 foot wide and that is enough to put some stress onto my plate. I have tackled a lot of large commissions but there is always some stress that comes ahead of the job...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor