Tuesday, December 21, 2010

portraits by gardega

I recently completed three portraits for a client. I am not a portrait artist as my primary skill set because I cant help but paint things the way my gut wants them to be. I am still trying to make the third and final painting look up to par. T he first to worked pretty good. I was commissioned to paint from photos the client supplied and you are instantly dealing with issues of lighting etc. There are two kind of portrait artists, those who paint generic and those who are hired as a fine artist to interpret a person into their "realm"I have issues with generic anything that is why I could never work for disney. It has to be a gardega, I cant conform. I tried, doesnt work. sorry for terrible photo, one day Ill set up real lighting for art photos. slacker. I still have some issues to resolve on this piece. Thee is always a time factor in art and such jobs and you always balance out not being too late on a piece and making it work. There is a time when you have to hand off the baby and get on with the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor