Monday, January 17, 2011

Huntington Lighthouse: oil study by gardega

Here is a  small oil study I made last night of the Huntington lighthouse. (I grew up in texas and Huntington long island.) I didnt like long island (it was too small for my swollen brain) but I do have a soft spot for this structure--- It is something I have always liked. This is simply an oil study to be used for sales purposes for the yellow pages, when they go to print I will do a new/ finished painting and it will be donated to the preserve the lighthouse foundation of Huntington. The water reflection isnt bad but the structure needs some love--- it isnt finished, I was just trying to feel my way about as I move to final piece.


Zis Piece is for  sale, alexander sells all his art because he is not lazy like ze arteest who sits in ze cafe and talks about art. I throw away more art in a month than they make in a year...dont be lazy--be like gardega!

Of to brooklyn to etch saints..I need a vaca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor