Monday, February 21, 2011

gardega update

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...I have been buried in projects..such is life. I recently had an article on my painting of the Huntington Light house...I have not seen the article, I have heard it is out there. I am packing for a week of mural work in Long Island. This should be the final and  home stretch on this project. One week in someone's house is all I can stomach, even though the people are great friends of mine etc. I need my own stuff around me, my own bed. I cant sleep in beds that aint mine. I recently converted a book by a DEA agent into a movie and the project has grown some legs and people are putting up some money and filming begins soon. I cant say anymore at this point but I think casting begins next week. I am dead-lined as usual but I am learning not to have a heart attack about things. Artists must learn to not have heart attacks. It will be good to get the mural finally done and focus on my etching deadline. This winter has lost her sense of Humor at this point and like a drunken house guest needs to just go away to where she came from. As far as the work goes, the Mid-East is doing her best imitation of dominoes, Wisconsin is taking dancing lessons from Egypt and The Presidents budget is going to sink us into a debt hole that we can never dig out of. I am always amazed at those who think gov. is good at running anything...go visit the DMV, or the post office..If the post office was a private business it would have shuttered its gates decades ago. But I digress, there are more important things to think about, like the fact that after repremanding egypt for killing the internet our gov. passes a bill to give the the power to do the same. The fix is in, dont bet the horses and dont chew with your mouth open. I think that if there is a hell it has Dave Mathews music playing around the clock and the only food is veggy burgers. A short well lived life is something worth having and considerably better than a long life of safety and hedged bets. Be bold or go home and remember the highly defective habits of highly ineffective people. I used to be a great speller but spell check has rendered as useless as steak to a man with no teeth. The good thing about life is that you never really no wheat the hell you are doing, you are a drunk at the wheel of a borrowed car doing your best not to run over children and old ladies. The best laid plans of mice and men are worth a dollar ninety five at wal- mart. Read a lot of books because it helps your brain to avoid stagflation and play a lot of chess as well. I suggest the kings gambit as an opening. I am getting better at that one. The world is, in truth, controlled by a small handful of secret societies so if that helps you understand why nothing makes sense, that may help. I blame the gnomes of zurich--they are real--you can google them...alas, I have typed a lot and said very little except to remind you that alot is never one word it is a lot and it drives me crazy to see it as one word. If you have children dont let them draw, give them medical books and law journals and there is still a 75% chance they will mess things up. Is it veggy or veggie? One never knows, The truth in life is that it is not what you say but how you say it. A well spoken moron will be better received that an ill spoken genius. Most marriages are failed and the people are just hanging on like cats on a screen but I know a lot of second marriages that seem happy. I havent said much and there is a train to Wrong Island with my name on it and I must know go find it..be well and If I can blog from my phone I will...People tell me I am crazy but it has kept me sane and I have yet to need any big pharma pills to keep me happy or healthy. A few glasses of wine and a good book or an easel and Im good for hours...thats all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor