Tuesday, February 22, 2011

memoirs

Since I am in Long Island I have decided to reflect on my life. I am sitting with my morning large redbull at 6 AM and getting ready for a day on my mural. It is 19 degrees outside, god bless the Northeast. I was born in huntington hospital under the sign of Sagitarius, the most philosophical of mis-spelled signs. I dont remember my birth but I take it on my mom's word that it happened. I was born with low birth weight, I was under 5 pounds but I chalk that up to my impatience as I was born weeks ahead of schedule. At six weeks I got my first job...my parents wanted me to have a good work ethic. At two my parents moved to the south. I am not sure why. We lived in alabama, tennesee and finally Texas. Moving would become a common thread in my life. I think I have a gypsy gene, a cowboys need to ramble. I have had more addresses than lindsay lohan has had problems. Im only at home when I am on the fly. I need adventure, excitement and the thought of living in a 2 mile radius of where I
grew up is a terrible thing. I am only at home on the fly. If I am living in NYC I am less restless, it is the only place that suits my hardwiring. I dont feel I should be elsewhere when I am in NYC. I have friends who live in Long Island who hate NYC, this baffles me. The suburbs are a place to escape from, not flee too..If I had a family I would raise my chickens in the suburbs I suppose but I dont so I wont. I am a surrealist rooster by nature.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor