Friday, May 6, 2011

art lessson by gardega

When you paint anything, even an illustration, you must find enjoyment in the piece. Enjoy the process of whatever you are working on, if you arent buying/ believing in what you are painting the nobody else will..Sometimes it is a challenge to "lose yourself in a work" but if you dont, the energy wont be there and art is all about a transference of energy.In this piece I turned the liberty into a self portrait (my art director didnt notice) and gave a slight hint of a "tear" if you dont understand why the liberty would would be shedding a tear, I cant hep you. I love slipping "art" into illustration..it is not the norm in illustration but it keeps me interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor