Friday, January 6, 2012

Daily Gardega


I decided to attack a blank 3 x 4 foot, beautiful, stretched, blank canvas. I never tell the canvas what I want---it tells me..this one wanted to be a flood painting..this painting is called "after the flood" after all of my deluge painting, the awtaers become still and calm beneath a swollen moon and the soul survivor floats calmly, waiting for waters to subside to begin anew... This is my second largest flood painting...They are very much influenced by Zen and japanese "minimal zen art" It took me a long time to loosen up and not show everyone everything I know about painting in each piece..You dont have to prove anything to anyone except yourself...now I have to paint the boat and figure which must fit perfectly or painting fails!!!!


After The flood

3' by 4' oil on stretched canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor