Thursday, December 30, 2010

4 paintings, 12 hours

I painted 4 new paintings today over the span of 12 hours. I was asked very late in the game to make art for a new years fashion event. Sometimes crunch time forces you to think outside the box and be creative and you often come up with new approaches, techniques and solutions..sometimes it can lead to breakthroughs..not sure where today lead but I got 4 done--one more tomorrow and then some refinements. all in all the pieces will work for the fashion show..I am going to then start working on a show and spend proper amount of time on my works. I am so used to working long days that 12 hours seems easy and short. I think Nexus Fashion Townhouse and I will have a good future together as we have similar aims. I dont like to hang pieces until they are perfected but they want 5 pieces for the show and they will have them. The pieces are kind of fun and cool to paint as well. (notice the makeshift studio, the space is being setup for a new years fashion show party so I had to paint on boxes, I tried to stay focused as fashion models changed clothes in front of me, not easy..) 






Here are the 4 pieces, all ripped out of the ether in a state of non- thinking--there was not time--it was jam and go and put the pedal down. They need some touching up and there is always issues but 4 paintings in 12 hours is the cards I was handed.  Ill take better photos when they are all done and tweaked. Artists often try to give me advice or commetn on my work etc but the one thing I always think to myself (but hardly say) is this---I work harder than you do..I am a one man art factory. I dont stop making art. If I am not making art I think about art and dream about art.

1 comment:

  1. The Michael Jackson Bank Robber one on the right is my fav.

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor